Privacy, Security, and Terms
This website provides a range of information concerning certain products and/or services, including without limitation product and/or service descriptions, pricing and commentary (collectively referred to as the “Information”). The Information is provided in a short and brief fashion and we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. All information, including without limitation product and/or service descriptions, pricing and commentary, may need additional explanation and is subject to change without notice. In no event shall we be held liable for any damage or loss, including without limitation, indirect or consequential damage or loss, or any damage or loss whatsoever arising from or in connection with loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including by not limited to all information, text, displays, images, icons, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by SECO-LARM U.S.A. Inc., its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms permit personal, non-commercial, use of the Website only. You are not authorized to reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any material on our Website, unless otherwise permitted to do so by law or by written consent from SECO-LARM. Nothing in the Terms transfers to you any right, title or interest in any content on the Website, including any intellectual property or content of third parties included on the Website. You must not access or use any part of the Website, or materials available through the Website, for commercial purposes.
If you wish to use any material on the Website, please submit a request to our Legal Department firstname.lastname@example.org. Consent and/or permission can be granted or withheld at the sole discretion of SECO-LARM U.S.A. Inc. Failure to respond to any request, does not constitute consent or permission.
Product names, logos, brands, and trademarks featured or referred to within the website or other materials are the property of their respective trademark owners.
The copyrights and other rights to the materials on our Website, or other SECO-LARM owned or operated platforms (i.e. blogs, social media accounts, etc.), are owned by SECO-LARM. No further publication or commercial use may be made of these materials without the express written permission of SECO-LARM.
If you believe that your work has been improperly copied and posted on this Website, such that it constitutes infringement, please provide us with the following information: (1) name, address, telephone number, email address and an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or of the person authorized to act on his/her behalf; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of where on the Website the material that you claim is infringing is located; (4) a written statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (5) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. These requirements must be followed to give
SECO-LARM legally sufficient notice of infringement. Send copyright infringement complaints to: email@example.com
SECO-LARM does not provide the technologies used to build our Website and, therefore, we neither recommend nor endorse these technologies. Any information regarding identified technologies, including their capabilities, limitations, and applications, should be sought directly from their manufacturers. We hereby disclaim any rights to trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyrights, patents, domain names, or other intellectual property interests of third parties. The downloading or export of software or technical data from this Website to any other jurisdiction may be a violation of the United States export laws and is strictly prohibited.
SECO-LARM has a portfolio of trademarks, including letters, words, logos, designs, images, colors, product shapes, trade dress, and packaging. As these trademarks represent the company's reputation for quality, innovation, and performance, they are considered valuable assets of the company. The following guide is designed to give clear instructions for the use of SECO-LARM's trademarks by other entities in a mutually beneficial way. Please remember to treat these valuable business assets with care and respect. All trademark use must be consistent with these guidelines. Failure to do so may result in a loss of your rights to use the mark and may result in legal action.
SECO-LARM, ENFORCER, SL, SLI, AMAX, CBA, CRIMEBUSTER
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our website may use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the website and from where
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You understand that your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold SECO-LARM (along with its directors, officers, employees, and agents) harmless from and against any claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your use of the Website (including User-Generated Content) or your violation of any of these Terms.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
a) Information collected directly from you. When you visit our Sites, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. You may also provide personal information to us when you contact us (e.g., with a comment, inquiry or customer support request) or register for an account to use our Sites.
The personal information we collect from you when you use our Sites may include:
- Identity data, such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country);
- Registration data, such as information provided by you when you register for an account to use our Sites, including user names and passwords;
- Recruitment data, including information submitted in connection with a job application or inquiry (as described below);
- Marketing and communications data, including your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our publications;
- Financial information, including credit card or other financial account information for the purpose of enabling us to facilitate your purchase of Company products and services that may be available on our Sites;
- Export control information, such as your nationality, citizenship and country of residence, that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations to receive information about certain technologies;
- Transaction data, including inquiries about and orders for our products and services and details of payments to and from you;
- Event registration information, including information you provide when filling in e-registration forms.
- Your feedback, including feedback from you about our Sites as well as our products and services generally.
When you do not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
b) Information we collect about you. We collect certain information about your visit to our Sites, including:
- Usage data, including information about how you use our Sites, what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, the date and time you access the Site, the website from which you linked to one of our Sites and other actions taken within the Sites
- Technical data, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language and your operating system.
For information about the cookies we use on our Sites, please refer to the section entitled “Cookies”.
c) Geo-location information. For certain Sites, with your express consent, we may collect the precise, real-time location (i.e., geo-location) of your mobile device. This information will be used only for purposes of facilitating your use of the Sites. The geo-location of your mobile device may be disclosed to our service providers who may process this information in connection with providing services on our behalf. Once you have consented to the collection of the precise, real-time location of your mobile device, you may adjust this consent by managing your Location Services preferences through the settings of your mobile device.
d) Information collected from third parties. In accordance with applicable law, we may collect personal information about you from third parties, such as social media websites/applications, which we may combine with the information we already hold about you in order to help us improve and customize our Sites to your preferences and for other purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement.
We may use the personal information collected via our Sites or when you contact us for purposes that include:
- Services and transactions. We may use your personal information to deliver services to you or carry out transactions you have requested, including, but not limited to, providing information on Company products or services you have purchased or otherwise use, registering purchased products, processing product orders, handling warranty claims, replacing product manuals, answering customer service requests and facilitating the use of our Sites.
- Administering and protecting our business and Sites. We may use your personal information to administer and protect our business and our Sites, including troubleshooting, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data.
- Improving our business, Sites, products and services. We may use your personal information to perform business analyses or for other purposes that help us to develop and improve the quality of our business, Sites, products and services (including new products and services), for example, by customizing our Sites to your particular preferences or interests.
- Marketing. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may use your personal information to inform you of products or services which may be of interest to you, and to otherwise communicate with you about offerings, events and news, surveys, special offers, and related topics. You are able to opt-out from marketing communications sent via e-mail at any time, free of charge by using the “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail marketing materials you receive from us, or by contacting us using the contact information listed in this Privacy Statement. Depending on your country of residence, you may also be able to opt out of other types of marketing communications; please contact us using the contact information listed in the Privacy Statement for more information.
- Employment applications. In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume/curriculum vitae, professional references, information about education and job background, and information about professional training and certifications. We and members of our group may use this information for the purpose of employment consideration, and as otherwise set forth in any separate privacy statement or other notice made available to in connection with your application.
- Research and analysis. We may use your personal information to conduct research and analysis to help us analyze your purchasing preferences, identify the products and services that best meet your requirements and measure the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
- Enforcement: We may use the personal information we collect in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our terms and conditions, violations of law or other misuse of our Sites.
Where permitted by law, we may combine the information that we collect via our Sites with other information we hold about you (such as information about your use of our products and services) in order to offer you an improved and consistent customer experience when interacting with us or for other purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Where required by law, we will ensure there is a legal basis for the processing of your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be that:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of the services we provide to you
- The processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas
- The processing is based on your consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specified purposes (e.g. marketing)
- The processing is necessary to meet our legitimate interests, for example to develop and improve our Sites, products and/or services for the benefit of our customers.
In accordance with applicable law, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be used to identify you. Anonymized information is not considered personal information and is therefore not subject to this Privacy Statement. We may collect, use and share anonymized information for any purpose.
The period during which we store your personal information varies depending on the purpose for the processing. For example, we store personal information needed to provide you with products and services, or to facilitate transactions you have requested, for so long as you are a customer of the Company. We store your personal information for marketing purposes until you have opted out of receiving further direct marketing communications in accordance with applicable law. If you submit an employment application via our Sites, we will retain details of your application as set forth in the privacy statement or other notice made available to you in connection with your application or as otherwise required by law. In all other cases, we store your personal information for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, following which time it is either anonymized (where permitted by applicable law), deleted or destroyed.
We may share your personal information with selected third parties in accordance with applicable law, including as set out below.
- Our group companies. We may share your personal information with our affiliates and group companies as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies with which we have contracted to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, conducting surveys, processing transactions, analyzing our Sites and performing analyses to improve the quality of our business, Sites, products and services. We require these service providers to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Distributors and other trusted business partners. We may share your personal information with third parties that distribute our products and other trusted business partners for purposes that include allowing those third parties to send marketing communications to you. Such sharing of personal information for marketing purposes will be performed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Disclosure in connection with transactions. In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to financial institutions, government entities and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfillment of the transaction.
- Disclosures in connection with acquisitions or divestitures. Circumstances may arise where for strategic or other business reasons the Company decides to sell, buy, divest, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. We may disclose information we maintain about you to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, divestiture or sale of all or a portion of the Company’s assets.
- Disclosure for other reasons. We may disclose personal information if required or authorized to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property or, in urgent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of any individual.
We are a global company. By using or accessing our Sites or contacting us and giving your information to us, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be collected in, transferred to and accessed by the Company, our group companies, suppliers, distributors and other business partners and/or agents located in countries outside of your country or residence, including, but not limited to, the United States, Mexico and India, in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country of residence. However, we will take reasonable steps to protect your privacy and to provide a level of protection of personal information that is comparable to that of your country of residence.
Users Located in the European Economic Area (EEA)
Where required, we have put in place appropriate safeguards with our group companies, service providers, contractors, distributors and other business partners and agents to ensure that transfers of personal information outside the EEA are adequately protected. These safeguards typically comprise the EU Standard Contractual Clauses in accordance with Article 46(2) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal information, please contact us using the details at the end of this Privacy Statement.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, including implementation of such security measures as may be required by applicable law.However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Sites over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a User ID and password to access the Sites, you are responsible for keeping those log-on credentials confidential and not revealing them to others.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the Sites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
You may have certain rights with respect to personal information about you that is collected through the Sites or when you contact us. If you are a resident of the EEA, the rights described below may apply to you. For other users, the rights that apply to you will depend on the laws of your country of residence. We will facilitate your exercise of the rights that apply to you in accordance with applicable law. For more information about your rights, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement.
- Access: You may have the right to access, review and correct personal information collected through our Sites or when you contact us. In some cases, you can do this by going to the page on which you provided the information. You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change to your mailing address, phone number or e-mail address.
- Object: YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO OBJECT TO CERTAIN TYPES OF PROCESSING ACTIVITIES INVOLVING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING WHERE WE ARE RELYING ON A LEGITIMATE INTEREST TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR WHERE WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR DIRECT MARKETING. IN SOME CASES, WE MAY DEMONSTRATE THAT WE HAVE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS TO CONTINUE TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN WHICH CASE WE ARE NOT OBLIGED TO COMPLY WITH YOUR REQUEST.
- Erasure: You may be entitled to request the erasure of your personal information, for example, where the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Restriction: You may be entitled to request that we restrict our processing of your personal information, for example, where the accuracy of the information is contested by you.
- Data portability: You may be entitled to receive and reuse your personal information for your own purposes. This is known as the right to data portability and, where applicable, requires us to move, copy or transfer your personal information from our systems to you or (where technically feasible) a third party chosen by you without affecting its usability.
- Consent: If you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement or, in the case of email marketing, by using the “unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing emails. This won’t affect the lawfulness of any processing up to that point.
We will respond to any requests from you to exercise your rights within the timeframes required by law. We may charge a fee to facilitate your request where permitted by law. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the contact details set out at the end of this Privacy Statement. We may take steps to verify your identity before taking action on a request. If you believe our processing of your personal information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the supervisory authority in charge of overseeing compliance with data protection law in your jurisdiction. We would however appreciate the chance to address your concerns, so please feel free to contact us regarding any complaint you may have
We are in compliance with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). We do not knowingly collect information from minors in the United States or elsewhere with or without the consent of their parents or guardians. Children (under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Website unsupervised, and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are not 18 or older, you should not visit or use our Website or social media accounts. If you become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information without appropriate consent, then please contact us using the details below so that we can take the appropriate steps in accordance with our legal obligations and this Policy.
Any links contained on the Website to outside websites are provided only as a convenience. All use of outside links is at your sole risk. If you have any concerns regarding any outside site linked to or from the Website, please direct them to the owner or operator of the outside site. SECO-LARM is not responsible for any outside sites, services, or other materials linked to or from the Website, and we disclaim all liability for any injury you might experience by using such materials. You may not create hyperlinks to this Website, nor may you use any "framing" or similar techniques to enclose any portion of this Website without SECO-LARM’s prior written consent.
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
WARNING: These products may contain chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
The purpose of this section is to inform California residents from whom we may collect Personal Information about certain rights California affords to its residents with respect to personal information.
Right to know about personal information collected, Disclosed or Sold
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following information about Personal Information we collect from you:
- categories of Personal Information collected;
- categories of sources of Personal Information collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you over the past 12 months
You also have a right to know if we have sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose over the past 12 months and, if so, the categories of Personal Information sold or disclosed and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed, along with the business or commercial purpose for which the Personal Information was sold or disclosed.